- Company’s commitment to privacy and protection of your Personal Data
Class Notes (the “Company”) understands and respects the privacy of all information that you entrust it with, except for information that, by its context or nature, is meant for public display at its website, namely www.classnotes.xyz or other material (the “Website”) or is otherwise in the public domain. In light of this, the Company is committed to protecting your personal data and wishes to keep you informed of the nature of the information that the Company collects from you and where it uses the same.
- What Is Personal Data
Personal data means any information that, when used alone or combined with other information, may be used to identify an individual. This includes, but is not limited to, an individual’s first and last name, e-mail address, mailing and/or residential addresses, telephone number, banking information, contact information and/or other personal information that may be required in order for us to provide a service you request, or may have requested, on the Website (the “Personal Data”).
- How necessary it is for you to disclose your Personal Data
The information may be required for your optimal use of the Company’s services (the “Services”). You may indicate that certain information will not be necessary for you to share in the purchase of the the Services. Even then, it will be necessary for you to share certain information to enable you to purchase the Services. There are two types of information that you provide: (i) information that is optional for you to share (“Optional Information”), and (ii) information that is necessary for you to share (“Mandatory Information”). You may choose not to disclose Optional Information, and while you have a choice in doing so, disclosing Optional Information may optimise your experience of using the Services. On the other hand, you will be required to disclose Mandatory Information.
- How the Company collects your Personal Data
- Voluntary Submission
To purchase the Products and the Services, we will request you to provide Personal Data. When you visit the Website, you will be required to be registered and create a password in order to log in. The use of the Website, and the downloadable information on the Website, may be governed by a written agreement between you and the Company. Unless you request your Personal Data to be deleted, it may be retained by the Company, pursuant to applicable laws, to: (i) verify compliance with the agreement, (ii) track software and documents you download; or (iii) track page visits and usage of other applications available on the Website.
- Opt-Out; Consent
You have the right to request the Company not to contact you for the purposes of sending you newsletters, customer surveys, direct marketing materials and/or market research information. You can exercise this right by clicking on the appropriate option or checkbox at the point where the Personal Data is collected or by editing your Personal Data we have collected. Also, you may subsequently inform the Company if you do not wish to receive newsletters and other information stated hereinbefore.
In specific cases, the Company may request your direct consent to use your Personal Data by providing an “opt-in” and/or “opt-out” checkbox in information fields before your Personal Data can be used for any additional purposes to that for which your consent has been or is given.
You will have access to your Personal Data that the Company holds and you will be able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of third parties would be violated.
- Collecting Your Information through Cookies
- How the Company uses your Personal Data
- Permitted Uses
When we collect your Personal Data from you, we will inform you at the time as to the reason we are requesting such Personal Data. The Company uses your Personal Data in any or all of the following ways:
- to enable you to purchase the Products and Services and use them optimally;
- to register you as a user of the Website;
- to enable it to provide you services as a user of the Website;
- to obtain your feedback on the Website;
- to provide you with informative communication, updates and news;
- to filter the content that you access for relevance;
- for statistical and research purposes, including market research;
- to respond to your requests for products, documentation and/or services;
- to process your order or invoice;
- to send you newsletters or appropriate e-mails;
- to enable your subscription or event registration;
- to sending direct marketing information; and/or
- to personalise the content you review and to better understand how you use the Website in order to improve the services the Company provides as well as the Website information.
In addition to the foregoing, we may collect and store information locally on your device using methods such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Disclosure of your Personal Data to Third Parties by the Company
If you elect to provide us with Personal Data, we may transfer that Personal Data within the Company entities or to the Company affiliated third parties or business partners. Your Personal Data may be transferred within your country and/or across borders from your country of residence or jurisdiction to the Company entities, affiliated third parties and/or business partners in other countries around the world so that such the Company entities, affiliated third parties and/or business partners may provide services and other operations required to transact business with you. Such Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, account information, credit card information and ordering/invoicing information. The Company may also combine your information with other information for the purposes of analysis, survey or other purposes.
In addition, the Company may share your Personal Data (with the exception of account, credit card, and ordering information) with other business partners who may desire to alert you to new products and services to improve your competitive edge, and only in cases where we believe your business interests will be served. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from any of our business partners, please do not provide contact information via the internet, or let them know directly that you wish to be removed from their contact list.
The Company may work with other companies that deliver the Company advertising material and undertake surveys on behalf of the Company. These companies may collect information to help the Company determine which products, services and offerings are of most interest to the Company’s current and future customers. Unless you have given your consent, implicitly or explicitly, the information collected is not identifiable at an individual level. However, it may be identifiable at a company level, with or without your consent, or aggregated at an anonymous level to provide us with general statistics and trends.
In the event that the Company sells a part or parts of its business, the Personal Data that we have collected could be transferred to the acquiring company unless you instruct the Company not to do so in writing.
- The Company’s policy towards your privacy and data protection
- Data Protection Measures
The Company maintains reasonable infrastructure, techniques and methods for protecting the secrecy of your Personal Data, and for backing up your data in order to secure it against loss. However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you keep your login information and password for the Website secret and confidential at all times to prevent any third party from misusing your account. In the event of your login information or password coming into knowledge of any other person, you shall indemnify the Company, its directors, employees, partners, associates and clients, including the Website users, for any costs, claims, consequences and losses arising out of the misuse of your account.
Notwithstanding the Company’s commitments to protect your privacy, the Company may divulge your Personal Data for any of the following reasons:
- to comply with a court or administrative order, direction or subpoena;
- to comply with any provision of the law;
- to enable its personnel, staff, employees or partners to provide you with services and improve your experience of the Website;
- in cases, where despite reasonable efforts by the Company to protect your Personal Data, the Personal Data can no longer be kept confidential;
- where the Company obtains or is able to obtain the Personal Data from a source independent from yourself; and
- where the Personal Data becomes part of the public domain.
- Chat Rooms, Message Boards, and Public Forums
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – e.g., message boards, chat areas, file uploads, events, and listings – that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. By posting Personal Data online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties, and the Company is not liable for the same.
- Links to other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites and/or pages. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites our users choose to visit. If our users provide any information directly to parties other than the Company (even if those sites are showing the Company brand), different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data. The Company shall not be responsible for any consequences arising out of your disclosure to these third party websites and/or pages.
We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Data to third parties.
- Right to Amend
Please take note of the following to ensure the security of your Personal Data and other confidential information you may provide online:
- The Company advises you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your Product or system and disclosure of your the Company password.
- If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password.
- If you believe there has been a security breach at the Company involving your Personal Data, please contact the Company immediately at the address provided below.
The Company shall not be liable for any leaks or disclosure of your Personal Data in the event of your password and/or login information being compromised or any event that occurs despite the Company’s reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Data.
- Compliance with Laws
- Contacting Us
Email: [email protected]